jueves, 10 de junio de 2010

so last night i ended up studying a lot instead of going out like a good girl, you're welcome mom and dad. but only because i broke my glass bottle of recently purchased rum all over my floor and failed miserably at trying to clean it up myself and got a few cuts on my culo. so my madre helped me sweep up most of the glass but i'm still playing the floor-is-lava game around my room to make sure i don't step on tiny glass pieces. that would sure be a pain with all the walking we do.

i love walking around the city. just watching the people and listening, and there's lots of interesting smells, some great, some not so great. like the mud for instance, smells AWFUL. i don't know what it is but it really smells like caca. i've made a pact with myself to walk up the stairs every time i go home (my place is on the sexto piso and there are exactly 101 steps) and haven't broken it yet; i especially like walking them during lunch or dinner time though because you get to smell what everybody's cooking. usually my floor smells the best. today though, i smelled something in the street and was like, wow that must be some pollo asada or something, yummy. that was only my hungry stomach talking because i started seeing a ton of smoke and ash fly by while i was waiting at a stoplight. i peek around the building i'm using to shield myself as the debris gets larger and larger and turns into actual flaming balls of paper and trash, to find out that someone had lit a trashcan on fire at the stoplight, una broma? not very funny seeing as i had to sprint through this death trap of fireballs blowing at me in the wind to cross the street (all while dodging traffic). sign me up for american gladiators.
anywho, made it home alive and had some excellente spaghetti for lunch, not sure if it's called spaghetti in spanish or not. i tried asking 6 year old alejandro what the name of it was, but to no avail because the twins and their 3 year old brother were fighting over popsicle flavors. oh and i actually made a successful spanish phonecall to book a reservation for all of us at blayet on saturday night, including my madre (so stoked about that), when my parents and tias and tio and hermano are in town! last time i tried making a phone call in spanish i got hung up on... hey i'm improving!

1 comentario:

  1. Hey Maggie it seems that you are having quite an adventure :) Sorry about the rum on the floor !! Miss you ! Kisses

    ResponderEliminar